Release 13 - Restricted Catalogues
11 Aug 2021
- Adding the functionality for administrators to create, add, assign and manage user groups which are required for restricted catalogues.
- Adding the required new tabs to the catalogue administration pages for user group, settings and owner.
- Adding visuals to the catalogue landing page to show users who don't have access to the restricted catalogue, that they’re not able to access it.
- When a user requests access to a restricted catalogue, an email is sent from the Learning Hub team to all administrators of that restricted catalogue.
- When restricted catalogues are shown in the search results and the user searching doesn't have access to them, they are highlighted with a flag.
- When a user is viewing the information page for a resource within a restricted catalogue that they do not have access to, the resource is highlighted with a flag.
- Restricted catalogues and resources belonging to a restricted catalogue that a user does not have access to and are displayed on their dashboard, they are now highlighted with a flag.
- When administrators receive the request notification or email to action a user's request for access to a restricted catalogue, they have a link to take them to an approve/reject screen to action the request.
- Addition of functionality and screens to allow administrators to manage requests for access to restricted catalogues.
- .Emails sent from the Learning Hub team regarding the catalogues did contain some inaccurate links. These have been updated to point to the correct pages.
- On the edit page for a user group, the catalogue tab was displaying even when there were no catalogues associated with the user group. Now the tab is only shown if there is at least one catalogue associated with the user group.
- When viewing the catalogue administration screens for a catalogue that has no resources, the resource tab was showing the search and sort fields. These have been replaced with a message to show that there are no resources.
- When an administrator changes a catalogue to a restricted catalogue and has not assigned it to a user group, a message now appears to advise them that a user group needs to be assigned.
- Colour change of a confirmation button on the administrator confirmation for removing a user from a catalogue.
- When an administrator is rejecting a request for access to a restricted catalogue from a user who has requested access, but been rejected before, the rejection form is now populated with the previous rejection details.
- Some resources in a restricted catalogue were not being displayed correctly.
- The drop down menu for catalogue administrators on restricted catalogues was not displaying correctly, this has now been resolved.
- In the mobile view for catalogue administrators, search results for users were not being displayed correctly. This has been fixed.
- Main catalogue pages for both users and administrators were not displaying correctly with the existing Learning Hub headers and footers when viewed in Internet Explorer 11; this has now been resolved.
- Administrators could not add users to restricted catalogues nor add or manage resources from the front end, these have both been resolved.
- Pagination has been added to the listing of user's account history as when there was a large amount of history these pages were taking some time to load.
- For this to work, the Learning Hub needed a separate email generation and management system. This has now been created and implemented.
- The back end of catalogues and contributions needed to be changed to use user groups now that they have been implemented.
- User groups that were already in the elfh hub needed to be copied into the Learning Hub with regular synchronisation between the two systems. This has now been completed.
- Some backend database issues were found when the release was fully tested. These have been rectified.
Release 12.4 - Text editor fixes
12 Jul 2021
- A character count has been added to the text editor for text fields such as titles and descriptions. This will show you how many characters you've used so far and how many you have left.
- We've resolved a problem where resource descriptions that exceeded the allowed number of characters were being accepted but not saved.
- A security update has been applied to the text editor for text fields.
Release 12.3 - eLearning Repository and Electronic Staff Record final fixes
30 Jun 2021
- Wording has been changed on the Electronic Staff Record link screen for resources, to make it clearer what the link is used for.
- The name has been changed of the SCORM/AICC resource to make it clear that it is SCORM 1.2.
- The catalogue titles on resources have been updated in the dashboard resources tray to ensure they are always accurate.
Release 12.2 - SCORM and eLearning Repository link fixes
23 Jun 2021
- The responsiveness of the SCORM information page bug from the previous release has been resolved.
- When an Electronic Staff Record (ESR) link is removed from a resource, the resource becomes inaccessible to ESR.
Release 12.1 - SCORM contributions
3 Jun 2021
- The ability to contribute SCORM packages (elearning content) has been added, however it remains turned off until the migration of the eLearning Repository (eLR) is completed.
- Small database fixes for status and queue updates on resources.
- The SCORM information page is not currently responsive on mobile but will be resolved in an upcoming release.
Release 12 - Searching within catalogues
14 May 2021
- Updates have been made to the catalogue information screens meaning users can now search within individual catalogues.
- Improvements have been made to the sign in process to improve integration with OpenAthens and other external systems.
Release 11 - Search filters and catalogues in search results
6 May 2021
- Catalogues are now included when users perform a search, which makes it easier to find the details of a specific catalogue.
- Search results now include a ‘Filter results’ option so users can filter the returned resources by specific resource type(s).
- The 'Load more' button on the search results section was causing the screen to flicker on some devices. This has been resolved.
Release 10.2 - Sign in text corrections and scalability
9 Apr 2021
- Updates have been made to maintain performance and ensure the system is scalable for an increase in users and resources being added to the platform.
- Some text corrections have been made to the sign in screens.
Release 10.1 - Bug fixes for my learning and new dashboard
30 Mar 2021
- Some minor font and style corrections were made.
- Resources not in a catalogue were displaying a generic catalogue name. This is a system only reference and does not need to be viewed by users. This has now been removed.
Release 10 - My learning area and audio/video activity recording, cookie banner, home page changes
25 Mar 2021
- A new feature can be accessed via the menu at the top of the page when signed in. The ‘My learning’ area displays a list of a user’s learning activity on the Learning Hub, showing the resources they have started and completed. Users can search and view their activity, filter by time period, completion status and resource type. They can also generate a report of their activity, with or without any of these filters applied.
- The home page has been updated. It now shows two dynamic trays for resources and catalogues. The resources tray shows the top ten most accessed, recently added and highly rated resources. The catalogue tray shows the top ten most accessed and recently added catalogues as well as those with the most resources in them.