Release 8.0.3 - Catalogue and search bugs
27 Jan 2021
- Search now works with symbols (such as #) that are included in the title of the resource.
- A limit has been placed on the number of keywords that can be added to a catalogue so that only relevant catalogues are returned in the search results.
- Some layout fixes have been made to a couple of the contribution pages.
- A catalogue administrator could not view an unpublished resource they had not contributed to the catalogue. This has now been fixed.
Release 8.0.2 - Catalogue updates and fixes
15 Jan 2021
- This release comprises mainly of catalogue fixes to the administration area. There were a couple of fixes to the formatting of the display of keywords on the catalogue pages, and a non-catalogue issue relating to fringe cases where a user with multiple accounts resets their password.
Release 8.0.1 - Catalogue updates and fixes
11 Jan 2021
- Various post-release fixes have been made to the new catalogues feature. These are mainly in the administration area. There was a small layout change to the main page graphics and in a fringe case displaying the correct catalogue icon and title.
Release 8 - Catalogues
24 Dec 2020
- Catalogues have been added to the Learning Hub. It's simple to say, but there's been a lot of work in this release to allow organisations and groups to create a catalogue and add their resources to it. Resources then show as belonging to the catalogue and the catalogues appear in search results.
- In some cases, there was a publishing error with audio and video files that had been migrated from other systems. This has now been fixed.
- We added a system to our development to ensure our code is standardised and we can reuse it elsewhere.
Release 7.3 - COVID-19 self-swab
12 Nov 2020
- A new resource has been added to the Learning Hub which helps patient-facing healthcare staff to self-administer the new Lateral Flow COVID-19 test. The resource provides a video and a PDF to aid with the administration of the test for healthcare staff.
- The video has been uploaded to the Learning Hub streaming servers to allow it to be viewed on a range of devices and to handle the expected demand from the healthcare sector.
Release 7.2 - Allowing more file types to be uploaded
19 Oct 2020
- A wider range of file types are now accepted for upload and the type is shown in the system. This means the system will now show more images and play more audio and video files than before. Mainly it will make it easier to search for files in the future when using the upcoming search filter feature.
- Some small bugs and issues around the behaviour of the buttons and the warning image on the contribute form have been resolved.
- The order of the tabs on the ‘My Contribution’ page has changed to be more logical.
- When a resource requires action, a user will be shown the ‘Action required’ tab first on the ‘My Contribution’ page, if not the ‘Draft’ tab will be shown by default.
- If a user edits a published resource and discards it, the user will be returned to the ‘Published’ tab rather than the ‘Draft’ tab on the ‘My Contribution’ page.
- Administrators can now republish resources to our search system, either individually or in bulk. This allows us to push updates made to resources into our search results if, for some reason, they haven't happened as a normal part of the publishing process.
Release 7.1 - Increasing audio/video upload size
7 Oct 2020
- The file upload limit for contributing files was increased to 750MB in Release 7, but the goal has always been to increase this to 2GB. In Release 7.1 we've done just that, and you can now upload individual audio and video files up to 2GB in size.
- Where a file is prevented from being uploaded for security reasons, we've made sure the message displayed is much easier to understand.
- When the resource details page for a zip file was displayed it stated, "View this file" - we’ve changed this to read "Download this file" which is more accurate for the action.
- When a user is made view-only, for whatever reason, they should no longer be able to access their “My Contributions” page. This wasn't the case, so we’ve fixed it.
- We fixed a small cosmetic issue with the footer section on our pages and a spacing issue on the contribution form.
- A change was made to a call to the user database to improve efficiency.
Release 7 - Sorting on search results, publishing statuses
23 Sep 2020
- Sort options have just been added to the search results page. Users can now sort the results by relevance, alphabetically, by date authored or by rating.
- New publishing statuses have been added to indicate the status of a contributed resource: Queued for publishing, Publishing, Published and Failed to publish.
- The allowed file size for uploaded resources has increased from 500MB to 750MB. This is the next step towards reaching allowed file sizes of 2GB.
- In rare cases when a user of an e-LfH tenant attempted to log into or register onto the Learning Hub and failed or was not valid, they were directed back to the e-LfH Hub. Now the user will be directed to the tenant they are a user of.
- Microsoft Publisher files were not being accepted for upload. They are now.
- In some cases when selecting a shared link to a resource from outside of the Learning Hub, after logging in users were being redirected to the home page and not the resource page. Now, once users have logged in, selecting the link will take them directly to the resource page.
- A couple of error messages didn't have the correct colour contrast to meet accessibility requirements, we've resolved that now.
- When a user arrives at the Learning Hub from another internet address we record where they came from, it's common practice across the internet to see where users are being directed to and from where. We were recording the wrong address, we've fixed that one too.
- In order for us to understand search, how users are searching, and how our search is delivering those results, we've increased the amount of logging of the search data we gather. We now record the term, the amount of results matched, how many pages the user browses through, and the result that they select.
Release 6 - Release notes, audio/video tracking
7 Sep 2020
- We’ve reworked the templates for how all the site pages are displayed and formatted them in a standard style. This new template is much more adaptable for different styles of pages and content and makes sure that we are displaying pages in a much more consistent manner.
- Where users have been watching video or listening to audio, we haven’t been able to record the time spent viewing or listening. Now we can. Instead of only recording that the video or audio has started, we record when it’s paused, stopped and how much has been watched.
- We now have a new section for showing release notes on the site, where users will see all the release information such as this. This includes an administration system to manage them.
- In some circumstances, new users were getting stuck in a loop with the login wizard reappearing every login. This has now been resolved.
- If users who are registering through OpenAthens had an email address that wasn’t allowed to register directly with the Learning Hub registration; it was rejected. We shouldn’t have allowed this to happen and so we now leave the choice of email address to OpenAthens itself.
Release 5 - Open authentication
11 Aug 2020
- We have made some major changes to the way that Open Authentication systems are integrated with our own servers and infrastructure. While users will see no changes for now, in the future this will give us the ability to expand this service to integrate with other systems.