Release 10 - My learning area and audio/video activity recording, cookie banner, home page changes
25 Mar 2021
- A new feature can be accessed via the menu at the top of the page when signed in. The ‘My learning’ area displays a list of a user’s learning activity on the Learning Hub, showing the resources they have started and completed. Users can search and view their activity, filter by time period, completion status and resource type. They can also generate a report of their activity, with or without any of these filters applied.
- The home page has been updated. It now shows two dynamic trays for resources and catalogues. The resources tray shows the top ten most accessed, recently added and highly rated resources. The catalogue tray shows the top ten most accessed and recently added catalogues as well as those with the most resources in them.
Release 9 - Introduction of user notifications
9 Mar 2021
- Previously notifications that users received were for everyone, for example notifications of downtime or new releases. This release delivers additional functionality for notifications to be sent to specific users, which has included developing the system for administrators to create and manage the notifications and users to receive them. As new features are released to the Learning Hub this functionality will be used to ensure users receive notifications that are relevant to them, for example catalogue administrators and editors receiving notifications about their catalogue, or contributors receiving updates on their resources about new reviews etc.
Release 8.0.5 - Migration tool
23 Feb 2021
- The migration tool has been implemented with the Learning Hub. This is a tool that will allow automated importing and publishing of content so that migrations of other systems can be completed quickly and without the need for manual publishing.
Release 8.0.4 - Registration, accessibility, iOS downloads and Edge uploads
18 Feb 2021
- A number of bugs and issues have been resolved in this release. Downloading PDFs in Apple iOS now works correctly, as does uploading files in Microsoft Edge. There were several smaller bugs around accessibility tags, and a couple of layout issues and typos have been fixed too.
Release 8.0.3 - Catalogue and search bugs
27 Jan 2021
- Search now works with symbols (such as #) that are included in the title of the resource.
- A limit has been placed on the number of keywords that can be added to a catalogue so that only relevant catalogues are returned in the search results.
- Some layout fixes have been made to a couple of the contribution pages.
- A catalogue administrator could not view an unpublished resource they had not contributed to the catalogue. This has now been fixed.
Release 8.0.2 - Catalogue updates and fixes
15 Jan 2021
- This release comprises mainly of catalogue fixes to the administration area. There were a couple of fixes to the formatting of the display of keywords on the catalogue pages, and a non-catalogue issue relating to fringe cases where a user with multiple accounts resets their password.
Release 8.0.1 - Catalogue updates and fixes
11 Jan 2021
- Various post-release fixes have been made to the new catalogues feature. These are mainly in the administration area. There was a small layout change to the main page graphics and in a fringe case displaying the correct catalogue icon and title.
Release 8 - Catalogues
24 Dec 2020
- Catalogues have been added to the Learning Hub. It's simple to say, but there's been a lot of work in this release to allow organisations and groups to create a catalogue and add their resources to it. Resources then show as belonging to the catalogue and the catalogues appear in search results.
- In some cases, there was a publishing error with audio and video files that had been migrated from other systems. This has now been fixed.
- We added a system to our development to ensure our code is standardised and we can reuse it elsewhere.
Release 7.3 - COVID-19 self-swab
12 Nov 2020
- A new resource has been added to the Learning Hub which helps patient-facing healthcare staff to self-administer the new Lateral Flow COVID-19 test. The resource provides a video and a PDF to aid with the administration of the test for healthcare staff.
- The video has been uploaded to the Learning Hub streaming servers to allow it to be viewed on a range of devices and to handle the expected demand from the healthcare sector.
Release 7.2 - Allowing more file types to be uploaded
19 Oct 2020
- A wider range of file types are now accepted for upload and the type is shown in the system. This means the system will now show more images and play more audio and video files than before. Mainly it will make it easier to search for files in the future when using the upcoming search filter feature.
- Some small bugs and issues around the behaviour of the buttons and the warning image on the contribute form have been resolved.
- The order of the tabs on the ‘My Contribution’ page has changed to be more logical.
- When a resource requires action, a user will be shown the ‘Action required’ tab first on the ‘My Contribution’ page, if not the ‘Draft’ tab will be shown by default.
- If a user edits a published resource and discards it, the user will be returned to the ‘Published’ tab rather than the ‘Draft’ tab on the ‘My Contribution’ page.
- Administrators can now republish resources to our search system, either individually or in bulk. This allows us to push updates made to resources into our search results if, for some reason, they haven't happened as a normal part of the publishing process.