Prescribing Implementation Toolkits

Patient and carer leaflet 'Who's who guide to prescribing'

Not yet rated

Non-medical prescribing, or medicines prescribing by professions other than doctors or dentists, is more developed in the UK than in any other country. Our research shows that public awareness about non-medical prescribing is patchy and there are few patient-facing resources available. This leaflet, developed in 2024, provides general information onwhich professional groups can prescribe medicines in the UK. It is intended as a patient or carer-facing leaflet. It has been co-designed by healthcare professionals, researchersand members of the public as part of the TRaDiP research project (NIHR award PR-R19-0617-21001). The intention is that this leaflet will be used by NHS providers to support patient understanding about non-medical prescribing.

Additional information

This patient facing leaflet gives information about who, other than a doctor or dentist, can prescribe medicines in the UK. It was developed as part of the TRaDiP research project (NIHR award PR-R19-0617-21001), using co-design principles.

Resource details

Provider's catalogue badge
Contributed by: Prescribing Implementation Toolkits
Authored by: Karen Stenner, University of Surrey, Lecturer
Licence: Creative commons: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International More information on licences
First contributed: 20 March 2024
Audience access level: General user


0 ratings

Not yet rated
5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star
Report an issue with this resource

You may report a resource, for example, if there is an issue with copyright infringement, breach of personal data, factual inaccuracies, typing errors or safety concerns. The type of issue will determine whether the resource is immediately removed from the platform or if the contributor is asked to make amendments. You can report a resource from the resource information page or by contacting the Learning Hub support team.

You can contact the Learning Hub support team by completing the support form or if you have a general enquiry you can email